UTM-IBS Board of Advisors. This board meets regularly with the Dean and school leadership and provides frequent, ongoing input and direction regarding key strategic initiatives. This academic/corporate partnership represents an exceptionally strong, involved team of Chief Executive Officers (CEOs), entrepreneurs and senior executives who are committed to the goals of providing both governance and innovative counsel. Membership to the UTM-IBS is by invitation and includes a select term of service.
UTM-IBS International Advisory Panel. The School’s International Advisory Panel (IAP) is a pre-eminent body of distinguished leaders and academicians from around the globe. Acting as ambassadors for the School, they advise, support initiatives and activities to enhance the School’s global profile.
UTM-IBS Board of Management. UTM IBS’s Board of Management advises the Dean and the Governing Body on issues related to the development and implementation of major School policies. These are policies that affect programs and research activities, doctorate supervision, staff, premises and finance.
UTM-IBS Executive Committee. The Executive Committee is responsible for taking and implementing administrative and academic decisions on the management of the School. The committee refers all fundamental academic or constitutional decisions to the Board of Management.
UTM-IBS Alumni Council (AC). AC represents the views of alumni within the context of relations programs. AC also makes recommendations on a range of issues to the School’s Governing Body.
Although IBS was set up as a separate unit under UTM, the higher learning institution oversees the management of IBS.
The management of IBS is headed by a Dean and advised by a Board of Advisors. In-line with the corporatisation of the university, IBS is geared for self-sufficiency to be operated as a private sector organization structured with three major strategic business units (SBU) namely; Degree Education, Executive Development Programs and Consultancy.
UTM-IBS Board of Advisors
Mohd. Ramli Kushairi
TAN SRI DATO’ MOHD. RAMLI BIN KUSHAIRI
PSM, DPMP, JMN, KMN
Tan Sri Dato’ Mohd. Ramli Bin Kushairi, Malaysian, is the Chairman of South Malaysia Industries Berhad. He is also currently a Director of Gamuda Berhad, and Masscorp Berhad. He graduated from the Hull University, United Kingdom, with an Honours Degree in Social Science, and did his post-graduate studies at the King’s College, University of London. His private businesses include property development through Primamuda Holdings Sdn. Bhd. (Jalan Travers Redevelopment), and quality and quantity inspection services to the oil and gas industry through Petrotechnical Inspection Sdn. Bhd., an affiliate of the SGS Group of Companies based in Geneva.
He began his career in the public service in 1961 as Assistant Secretary at Bank Negara Malaysia. From 1965 to 1972, he served in senior positions at Tariff Advisory Board and Federal Agricultural Marketing Authority. From 1972 to 1983, he was a Director and subsequently the Group Managing Director of Kumpulan FIMA Berhad, a wholly-owned Government Company then.
He was the past Vice President of the Malay Chamber of Commerce Malaysia and past Secretary-General of the National Chamber of Commerce and Industry Malaysia and ASEAN-Chambers of Commerce and Industry respectively. He has served as UMNO Liaison Secretary for Federal Territory from 1980 to 1982, and a member of the Advisory Board of Dewan Bandaraya. He has also served as a member of the National Standards & Accreditation Council of Malaysia and was the Chairman of the National Standards Committee of the Council. He is currently a member of the Board of Directors of Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM).
Tan Sri Ramli serves on a number of non-Government organizations. He was appointed a member of the Board of Trustees of Yayasan Tuanku Bainun on 10th June, 2002, and Yayasan Suluh Budiman Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris, on 1st October, 2002. He is a member of the External Planning Group of the University of Hull, United Kingdom, since 23rd June, 2003. Tan Sri Ramli is currently the President of Eisenhower Fellows Association, Malaysia, an affiliate of the Eisenhower Fellowships US. He is the Chairman of the Cambodia-Malaysia Business Council. He is also a member of the Indonesia-Malaysia Business Council (IMBC) and the Chairman of the Sub-Committee on Infrastructure of the Council.
For his services to the public and private sectors, Tan Sri was awarded the Darjah Panglima Setia Mahkota (P.S.M.), which carries the title “Tan Sri” by His Majesty the Yang Di-Pertuan Agong, Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah, on 5th June 1999. He was also awarded the Darjah Dato’ Paduka Mahkota Perak (D.P.M.P), which carries the title “Dato” by His Royal Highness the Sultan of Perak on 19th April, 1988.
Yasmin is currently the Executive Director, YTL Communications as of 1st Feb, 2010. She was previously the Managing Director of Microsoft Malaysia, a role she held for more than 3 years. Prior to that, she was the General Manager of Dell Malaysia and Corporate Director of Dell Inc, and General Manager of Hewlett Packard Sales Malaysia’s Commercial Channels Organisation.
Yasmin, who graduated with a double major in Computer Science and Mathematics from Australia has the distinction of being the only woman to date to have received a Key Industry Leader Award in 2007 and the Personality of the Year Award in 2009, both from the Association of Computer and Multimedia Industry of Malaysia (PIKOM). These Awards were in recognition of her on-going contribution to the growth of the Malaysian Information, Communications and Technology industry over the past two decades.
Today, she also serves as a Board Member of University Malaysia Kelantan, Chairperson for the Consortium of Services Industry Malaysia (CSIM) and Vice President of Malaysian International Chamber of Commerce and Industries (MICCI).
Abu Hasan Ismail
Dr. Abu Hasan Ismail, is the CEO and founder of Prestariang Berhad, recognized as the largest provider of outsourced ICT Training Services in Malaysia. Since its inception in 2003, Dr Abu has overseen the financial and strategic growth of the company and has formed successful partnerships with global ICT organizations such as Microsoft, Autodesk, IBM, Oracle and CompTIA, Certiport, Prometric and others.
Prestariang Berhad is a company under the Skim Jejak Jaya Bumiputra (SJJB). The brainchild of the Prime Minister, SJJB’s charter is to support successful entrepreneur and competent companies to be listed on the Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange (KLSE). Dr. Abu listed the company on the Main Board of the KLSE on the 27th July 2011 and remains as the single largest shareholder.
As part of the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program, Prestariang Berhad now allocates and distribute more than RM1.0 million per year in the form of scholarships to under-privilege students
Prior to his industry experience, Dr. Abu was one of the founders of the Multimedia University, the first private University in the country and instrumental in developing the country’s first Multimedia Degree program. He was subsequently appointed as the Professor and Dean at the newly created Faculty of Creative Multimedia of the University in 1997.
He continues to teach voluntarily and is currently an Adjunct Professor at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia and a Visiting Professor at Universiti Teknologi MARA. He is also a Council member at Taylor’s University and sits in numerous academic organizations and National Committees disbursing Research and Development (R&D) grants in the country.
Dr Abu also sits in the International Advisory Board of Computer Trade Industry Association (CompTIA) based in the USA. In addition, he was recently appointed as a Trustee Member of Yayasan Sukarelawan Siswa (YSS) under the Ministry of Higher Education, Malaysia.
Outside work, Dr. Abu and wife Shahirul has set up Yayasan Ekohati, a family foundation to assist the unfortunate especially orphans. Manage by his wife; Yayasan Ekohati targets to disburse zakat worth more than RM1.5 million annually.
Dr. Abu holds a Diploma in Architecture from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, a Bachelor of Science (BSc) and Bachelor of Architecture (BArch) from University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, and Master of Philosophy (MPhil), and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) from University of Sheffield, United Kingdom. He and his wife have 2 boys, Amir age 21 and Hariz age 13.
Executive Director, Founder and CEO
Mr. Chang Mun Kee, a Malaysian aged 47, is an Executive Director of JobStreet and founder of the JobStreet Group. He has also been its Chief Executive Officer since its inception and a Director of the Company since its incorporation. Mr. Chang obtained his Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Texas, Austin, USA in 1988 and a Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA in 1990. Prior to founding MOL Online Sdn Bhd in 1995 and subsequently JobStreet.com Sdn Bhd in 1997, he was with Kendall International, a US healthcare company, for 5 years, starting as a process engineer in 1990 before being promoted to manufacturing manager in 1992 and regional director of sales and marketing for Malaysia in 1994. He left Kendall International in 1996 to establish JobStreet.com Sdn Bhd which expanded regionally under his direction. He currently sits on the Board of Innity Cor poration Berhad and Vitrox Corporation Berhad.
Dato’ Hafsah Hashim is currently the Chief Executive Officer of the SME Corporation Malaysia (SME Corp. Malaysia). She holds a Bachelor in Applied Science from Science University of Malaysia and Masters in Business Administration from Aston University, United Kingdom.
Dato’ Hafsah has vast experience in public sector administration and has served in several ministries including Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI), Ministry of Agriculture and Ministry of Primary Industries. She is also currently:
- Council Member of RosettaNet Malaysia;
- Council Member of PUNB Business Advisory Council 2012 – 2013;
- Board Member of Yayasan Pembangunan Usahawan Terengganu (YPU);
- Board Member of Penang Skills Development Centre (PSDC)
- Board of Directors Pembangunan Sumber Manusia Berhad (PSMB) 16 May 2009 – 15 May 2011
- Advisory Panel of Halal Industry Development
- Corporation Sdn. Bhd. (HDC)
- Council Member of ‘Jawatankuasa Tindakan Penyelarasan Inovasi Negara (JTPIN)’
- Chairman of Innovation for SMEs Committee under Jawatankuasa Kecil di Bawah Jawatankuasa Tindakan Penyelarasan Inovasi Negara (JTPIN)
- Task Force Member of National Branding under the Industrial Master Plan (IMP3)
- Member of the Malaysia National Electrotechnical
- Committees (MyENC) 2009 – 2011
- Member of the Malaysian National Standards
- Committees (MyNSC) 2009 – 2011
- Member of the National Council for Occupational
- Safety and Health 2009 – 2012
- Committee Working Group of Automotive Cluster
- Council Member of Services Sector Capacity Development Fund (SSCDF)
- Committee Member of SIRIM Industry Standards
- Committee for Road Vehicle (ISC L) 2010 – 2012
- Board of Advisors for Malaysian Association of Bumiputera ICT Industry and Entrepreneurs (NEF)
- Member of Malaysian Venture Capital Development
- Council (MVCDC), 1 October 2010 – 30 September 2012
- Advisory Panel of Franchise 2010 – 2012
- Member of National Herb Development Council, 1 Mei 2011 – 30 April 2013
- Advisory Panel for International Business School (UTM-IBS) Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
- Permanent Member for the Working Committee of Industrial Cooperation under the Malaysia-Singapore
- Joint Ministerial Committee on Industrial Cooperation (JMCIC)
Her passion for the development of companies in Malaysia particularly the SMEs have prompted her to also be appointed as:
- Member of Special Task Force to Facilitate Business (PEMUDAH)
- Council Member of Malaysian Services Development
- Council under the Industrial Master Plan (IMP 3)
- Council Member of National Logistics Development
- Council under the Industrial Master Plan (IMP 3)
- Secretary to SME Technical Working Group of the SME Chapter of the Third Industrial Master Plan (IMP 3);
- Member of the Steering Committee of the Industrial Master Plan (IMP 3) Editorial Committee;
- Steering Committee on the Review of The Macro Framework and Targets of the Third Industrial Master Plan (IMP3) 2006 – 2020
- Chairman of ASEAN SME Agency Working Group for 2000 – 2001
- Chairman of ASEAN SME Advisory Board and SME Working Group 2011; and
- Resource speakers in various international fora on SMI/SME development.
Under Dato’ Hafsah’s leadership, SME Corp. Malaysia is currently undertaking collaboration and cooperation with other SME development agencies at bilateral level namely the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) of India, Office of SME Promotion of Thailand (OSMEP), Small and Medium Business Administration (SMBA) of Republic of Korea and Small and Medium Industry Development
Organisation (KOSGEB) of Turkey. Apart from that, Dato’ Hafsah has also been appointed by Economic Planning Unit (EPU) as an Advisor to the G-G IDS Yemen Study on ‘Recommendations for the Industrial Development Strategy for Yemen’.
She has also initiated several programs for the development of women entrepreneurs namely:
- Training Program for Women Entrepreneurs among OIC Member Countries under the Malaysian Technical Cooperation program (MTCP);
- National Convention for Women Entrepreneurs;
- Monthly training courses in enhancing the marketing skills for women entrepreneurs;
- Benchmarking and Sharing of Best Practices for Women Entrepreneurs in joint collaboration with NPC and FEM;
- Publication of the Directory of Women Entrepreneur; and
- Overseas training programs and study missions for women entrepreneurs.
For her dedication and commitment to her work the Government has bestowed on her the following awards:
- Honorary Fellow of AFEO – 2010 (ASEAN Federation of Engineering Organisations)
- Darjah Setia Pangkuan Negeri (DSPN) – 2006 (by Head of State of Penang H.E Tun Abdul Rahman Abbas)
- Excellence Service Award – 2000
- Excellence Service Award – 1993
- Ahli Mangku Negara (AMN) – 1994