OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY, HEALTH AND ENVIRONMENT (OSHE)
P A S S
Pull the Pin at the top of the extinguisher. The pin releases a locking mechanism and will allow you to discharge the extinguisher.
Aim at the base of the fire, not the flames. This is important – in order to put out the fire, you must extinguish the fuel.
Squeeze the lever slowly. This will release the extinguishing agent in the extinguisher. If the handle is released, the discharge will stop.
Sweep fromside to side. Using a sweeping motion, move the fire extinguisher back and forth until the fire is completely out. Operate the extinguisher from a safe distance, several feet away, and then move towards the fire once it starts to diminish. Be sure to read the instructions on your fire extinguisher
- Office of Safety Health Environment UTM
- Department of Environment (DOE)
- Department of Occupational Safety and Health (DOSH)
- National Institute of Occupational Safety Health (NIOSH)
- Pertubuhan Keselamatan Sosial (PERKESO)
- Standards and Industrial Research Institute of Malaysia (SIRIM)
Useful Phone Numbers