This is a guided full research PhD programme for those who intend to further their studies in the field of Information Systems. The main aim of the programme is to educate professionals and academic research scholars to perform high quality IS research. They will be able to apply the Information Systems and Technology theories in analyzing and solving real organizational problem innovatively.
This programme is designed in such a way that students will be guided in developing the technical and empirical research skills. The taught courses in the first year introduce the students with a broad knowledge of research paradigms, Information Systems theory and current Information Systems research. Through research methodology course, different research orientations and methods will be introduced.
PROGRAMME EDUCATION OBJECTIVES
- Graduates expert in conducting Information System (IS) research through the use of and apply IS theories and approaches for analysing and solving real organisation problem.
- Graduates able to demonstrate the critical and creative ideas in order to expand and sharing the knowledge in the area of IS with the other researcher, university and industries.
- Graduates able to advocate IS knowledge through effective oral and written across a range of contexts and audiences.
- Graduates able to demonstrate consistent professional ethics and high integrity.
- Information Systems Design/Development
- Information Systems Adoption/Implementation
- Innovation in Social Media and Commerce
- Data, Analytics and AI for Organizations
- Innovation in E-Learning, E-Health and other E-Services
Researcher in Information Systems field, Academician, CIO/IT Manager, IS Professionals, ICT Consultant
- UBSP 6033 – IS Research Methodology Fundamentals
- UPSP 6043 – IS Research Methodology Practice
- UBSP 6053 – IS Research Topic Seminar And Discourse
Choose 1 Course Only
A research course is research made by student in each semester supervised by a supervisor. Students must register for research course each semester according to the course code of the current semester. Supervisors will evaluate students on research courses through research progress at the end of each semester with either MM (satisfactory) or TM (unsatisfactory) results. The following is a list of research course codes that must be registered by semester:
CGPA >= 3.0 for the Masters in Computer Science/Information Technology/Comp. Engineering from UTM or any other Institution of Higher Learning recognized by the University senate; OR
CGPA >= 3.0 for the Masters in Management/Business in related Information Technology fields from UTM or any other Institution of Higher Learning recognized by the University senate; OR
CGPA < 3.0 for the Masters in Computer Science/Information Technology/Comp. Engineering/ Management in related IT fields/Business in related IT fields WITH several years of working experience in Information Technology and recognized by University Senate.
Fees and Payment
“The programme of PhD IS at UTM is based on group learning and group discussion – you learn from every person, not just from the lecturers and books. All of the IS taught courses are not just theoretical but more practical and the subjects are really updated. The University staff are very friendly and you can approach them directly – they’re always there to help. I had so many opportunities there – I worked on a national survey within a team; a grant from the Ministry of Higher Education, Malaysia. I was also a freelance tutor and conducted several workshops in IS discipline. All of these experiences furthered my academic interests and helped me create my path for the future”
|Name:||Assoc. Prof. Dr Abd Razak Che Hussin|
|Name||FM Academic Office|